Participants are requested to fill in the initial application form. Only forms completed in English will be accepted. No enclosures can be submitted at this stage.
The deadline for initial submissions for the ReSource Award 2014 is 30 April 2013. Late entries will not be considered. Confirmation of your application will be sent as soon as the application has been rated (beginning of June).
All submitted applications will be assessed by a team of experts under the supervision of the jury committee, on the basis of the criteria listed below. In May, the 15-25 best-ranked initial submissions will be invited to submit a full proposal.
8-10 of these full proposals will be nominated, based on a comprehensive assessment. An international and independent jury will then evaluate the nominated projects and will decide on the winning project(s).
The decisions of the jury are final. Any recourse to legal action is hereby explicitly excluded. We will not enter into any correspondence. Swiss law shall apply.
Any applicants who are unable to submit their application form electronically are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A form will then be sent to you, together with further instructions.
Criteria of the ReSource Award
The submitted projects will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Impact What is the expected impact of the project in the ecological, economical and social dimension?
- Innovation Why do you think your project is innovative in a general and local context?
- Local involvement To what extent are the local community and regional institutions involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project?
- Feasibility and governance Please give details about the feasibility of the project's implementation and the governance structures which will be in place (e.g. action plan with planned activities, targets and milestones, organisational structure and institutional set-up, references and know-how of staff and partners).
- Financial structure Please give a detailed breakdown of the financial structure of the project, including sponsorship, in-kind contributions, and economic viability.
Application Guidelines are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian and Mandarin, in the right column of this page.
If a project obtains alternative funding while in the evaluation process, the representative of the submitting party must inform the ReSource Award Team immediately. This will not affect your competition entry and serves transparency only.
Dates and deadlines
30 April 2013
25 May 2013
Invitation to submit full proposal
30 June 2013
Full proposal deadline
Announcement of ReSource Award winner 2014